Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mexico is NEVER consistant

I am refering to local buses. Though there is a lot of inconsistancy that you can find all over the place.

Usually On good days, the bus you need will pass by almost every 10 minutes. I did not have this luck yesterday. I happened to need a bus that was going to Ixtapa to visit a friend I recently made, and I waited over 30 minutes. Here that's not the norm. Luckily Maya stayed pre-occupied with the bananas I brought her and juice. I guess I didn't have as much experience on these buses as I thought. Im always forgetful of just how full those things can get. I was reminded yesterday. I was soo thankful I had a seat because everyone tha was crammed together in the asiles looked very uncomfortable.

On the plus side I spent a wonderfully long day at my friend's house. Our daughters played together, and we chit-chatted for many hours. Many. Many hours. I loved it! Though I should have left a lot sooner than we did. The next thing I knew I looked at my phone and it was after 10pm, and Maya and I were a long ways from home. But hey the buses were probably running faster now right? Right?!

Nope.. 5 buses came and went in the 40 minutes I was waiting, but none of them was the bus I needed. And because of my inexperience with buses here I was unaware that they come only once an hour after 11pm. I thought I had untill 12am..

CAUTION! DO NOT DO THE BELOW:

Okay so I was bad. Really bad. It was around 11:30pm, Maya was passed out in my arms and I was sitting on a rock besides a tree, waiting for the bus I needed. A car pulled over and an older woman came out. She asked me where I was headed and I told her. And she told me they could give me a ride. She seemed really nice and reminded me of my mother-in-law. So i got in. There were two other guys in the car, both in their late forties (im guessing). They were extremely nice, and we talked the whole way. In spanish! I know I made a BIG no-no, but I was very proud of myself regarding my conversation skills. I really didn't mean to stay out so late, and needless to say I will never do it agian (without my hubby). Maya and I got home safetly, and I said my good-byes to the nice people and they told me (again) to be more careful. So where ever you people are; Thank you again for giving us a ride, and not being some sort of killer maniacs.

No comments:

Post a Comment