Saturday, July 23, 2011

Surprise!

I just recently found out I'm pregnant! And the plan to move to Mexico is still on! So i will be having our next bundle of joy in Mexico, and for this pregnancy I'm bound and determined to have a natural at home birth.


With my first pregnancy with my DD i couldn't feel a thing... I was so hyped up on medication to help me sleep through labor, that my nurse gave me three hours before starting, and an epidural that my nurse said i needed 'because i wasn't strong enough to handle the pain', that i couldn't enjoy the feeling of having succeeded in one of the first steps to becoming a mother. So right after birth, though i love my DD with all my heart, i felt detached. Of course that changed over the next hour i held her in my arms, but i still regretted my whole birthing experience. Which is why this time around I'm want to have it all natural!


We will still not be leaving for Mexico for another 6 weeks, so until then i will be doing some of my OB visits here in the states. Then my next task will be finding una partera (midwife), in Mexico. And though i thought this would be easy, its proving rather difficult. Mis suegros (my in-laws) say that no one uses them anymore, and so there are none. But you bet I'm gonna have to have a look when i get down there! I'm a very stubborn mommy lol


I will be using this of course as a way to help others who may like information regarding having a baby in Mexico, based on my experiences, so stay tuned.


And if anyone that reads this has ANY information on a midwife in Puerto Vallarta, please Please PLEASE let me know! It will be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. AAAHHHH You're preggosss!!! Congrants. so how does this work when you have baby to be in Mexico?? does he/she naturally become a US CItizen cause you're one? or do you have to file for its papers? i should know this buuut i don't lol. Keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the baby is born we have to go to the American consulate in Puerto Vallarta, and do some paperwork and then the babys' a dual citizen :)

    ReplyDelete