Sunday, September 4, 2011

We're Here!

Ok so here's a round up of the last two days.

We arrived in Puerto Vallarta at 4:58pm yesterday. The flight went a lot better then expected with my very hyper toddler. Although i would have prefered going into security a little smoother. Maya decided to go back into security after we had just gonne through it, stopping to drop her baby doll and say hi to the officer. Luckily martin was able to coax her, meaning swoopinng her up as fast as he could, im just glad security was helpful of my runaway baby. Arriving was amazing! We sailed right past everything, security and customs was easy, and we got the green light to go through so we didnt lose any more money for our baggage.
We were greeted by Martin's parents, and drove to their home in el pitillal. Which is a downtown Vallarta suburb. We then proceeded to to have a carne asada dinner with family. At first Maya wasnt sure what to think, and by the end of the night she was asking "bye-bye" windering when we were going to leave. But this morning, to my surprise, she's totally fine! Martin's little brother has taken her as though she were his own sister, and she is loving doing almost whatever she wants with her uncle and cousins. I even swore i heard her say "gato".
Today we went to an aunt's house, it was a lot of fun! More people, and more food! They even had a cake, it was a turtle's birthday! Gotta love Mexico! They celebrate for birthdays, holidays, and everything inbetween! And now we're relaxing at home, so i decided to take some pics!

This is our washing machine! lol We have an actual one, but we use this for dishes and certain clothes. You use the left side to clean, and you use the right to rise of the item. The right is filled with clean water as you need it. (Nothing dirty goes in this side!)

This is a picture of the backyard! It is positioned between the two parts of the house.



Well there you have it! So far so good. But don't worry there will be more to come. With more pictures, and more stories of our everyday life in My Little Puerto Vallarta!



7 comments:

  1. Sounds like everything is falling into place. Love your backyard. I think your wash area is called a "pila." Boy, do I miss PV! Hopefully we'll be there in October when the Panamerican games have started here in GDL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! The Malecon looks like its coming along from what i've seen from the pictures. I can't wait. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'll be in Bucerias in a few more weeks, selling a truck and closing up our place here in New Mexico for a year. Your place looks charming. I'm going crazy trying to decide which kitchen items, and other stuff to bring. Anything you're wishing you would have brought?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this where you will be living or is it just for now? It looks similar to our place in El Salvador!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Pat As far as the kitchen goes, im honestly not sure.. I keep pondering yet i can't think of anything that i can't buy here. What i do love though is this beautiful clay pot that's used for making beans, i've never seen them used before i got here but its been very helpful. Though i could use a spice rack...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kelsey We lived in that house with my in-laws and their parents for only about 2 weeks. I really miss that lovely backyard and pila..

    Just recently we moved into a little apartment of our own. I will be writting and posting pictures of it as soon as my house is "put together" Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. baaah I have a sink like that in my apartment and I can't say I'm a fan. Maybe it's because it's not centrally located near my kitchen. At least I'm getting exercise walking back and forth for dishes!

    ReplyDelete