Saturday, May 28, 2011

Giving Notice

I am a phlebotomist at a hospital. Every day i encounter numerous personalities, some of them truly wonderful, and then others who are not so wonderful... So my job can be a blessing or a real pain in the neck, emotionally and physically. And apparently not to many people like being woken up at 5am in the morning to be poked with a needle haha...


So I'm not sure if this is how other hospitals run or not, but my boss posts the schedule way out in advance. This is incredibly helpful when scheduling my daughters daycare, but not so much when deciding when to give my notice. As of right now, May 28th, the schedule is out until almost the end of July.


With much deliberation, i decided to opt out of the usual 2-week notice, and give it way in advance; I tuned in my notice May 25th. This way i don't have to keep my leaving a secret, and they can attempt to hire someone to take my place before i leave. It's a win win


*My last day will be July 31st. I will have the month of August to decide what to do with all of our junk. Then September 6th we will be making our way, by plane, to Puerto Vallarta with just what our suitcases will carry.*

No comments:

Post a Comment