Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Some Q&As

I recently received an email that asked about my plans in regards to moving to Mexico. Because of them i decided it might be a good idea to post them here, along with a few other questions to ask myself.
  1. Do you plan to work, start a business, or retire? My husband and I are 20 and 21, so we are far from being able to retire. My husband plans on going to a culinary school, working, and then opening his own restaurant. And I plan on possibly teaching English, being a stay at home mom and painting.
  2. How many times have you been to PV(Puerto Vallarta)? I have never been to Mexico, which would explain why i am so nervous, but i have always found the culture to have somewhat of an inviting nature. Like what i would experience with my mother-in-law. I lived with her for a little less then a year, but she always had a way of making me feel like her daughter, as with all of my husbands family, i was already family. It is that sense of love and security that i feel in love with, and makes me excited for this journey. I can not wait to meet all of my husbands family in PV.
  3. Do you have any concerns for your daughters safety? I plan on taking the same precautions with my daughter as i would anywhere. Though i am excited about the aspect of PV being very family oriented. I have researched a lot about this topic in the PV area and have never heard of anything of which to be concerned, with that in mind and talking to my husbands cousins regarding the safety (especially for children) i am certain it will make an inviting place to live.
  4. What are you planning for her education? My daughter will go to public school, and private school when we are able to afford it. And i will teach her English.
  5. Are either you or your husband Mexican nationals? My husband is a Mexican national. So we will be completing the necessary documents to adjust my daughters status to a dual citizen and mine to a permanent resident.
  6. Are you American/Canadian? My daughter and myself are American

Thanks again to the young man who asked me all of these wonderful questions. If you have any questions feel free to comment and i will answer you as soon as i can.

No comments:

Post a Comment