Friday, May 20, 2011

One step closer

So yesterday I just recieved my new california drivers license, and my apostilled documents! I am incredibly excited about this because it means I finally have all of my documents in order! Passports, Birth/Marrige Certificates, The works!
And the process was unexpectingly fast.

How'd I do it [apostille]? I mailed of my documents, original birth cerificate(s) and marrige license, to the secretary of state with a check of $60 ($20 per Document) and a first-class self addressed envelope for extra speedyness ;p and I got my documents after only 1.5 weeks!

What is an Apostille? An Apostille is a legal document that verifys the authenticity of a document. So basically it verifies the signature(s) to prove its a legal document lol.

And these documents can/will be used to legalize myself and my daughter as dual citizens ^_^



Tosha

4 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhh. if only bureacracy in mexico worked as smoothly! lol :) i don't want to scare you, but it does requiere a whole lot of patience!

    i've never been to PV, but have heard it's beautiful. good luck with your move!

    thanks for stopping by my blog! re: your question. giving birth in mexico city was great. that reminds me, there is whole other blog post dedicated to that...coming soon. my advice: research the hospital and make sure they are in line with the kind of birth you want, that way you won't be disappointed with the way you are treated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just stumbled upon your blog from a link on a different blog that I follow (forgot which one). I really have enjoyed it thus far.
    Sorry to start out with a self-serving questions, but what you wrote here had me thinking about my upcoming visa process. I am moving to Mexico in August and the school I will be working for is helping me with my visa issues. One thing that keeps confusing me is that they have repeatedly told me that I do not need the apostille. Every site I have seen says you need them. How did you find out that you needed them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found out I needed them from my mother-in-law; her youngest son is a US citizen. He went through his paper work to become a dual citizen and needed the apostilles in Mexico.
    And also from the rollybrook website under 'How to move to Mexico'.
    I think it is a good idea to get them just in case, because its not something you could easily obtain in Mexico.
    Feel free to ask any questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joanna
    That's one thing that has me nervous, if i get anything from Mexico i hope it's to learn to breath and be patient lol.
    Thank you, and I look forward to reading your post :)

    ReplyDelete