Friday, November 11, 2011

Changing blog plots

So i know i originally planned for this to be a go to blog about my life living in Mexico, but my husband and i came to the conclusion that we want to live in the United States. I know we did'nt seem to last long here, but Puerto Vallarta has left a mark on me. Though we've only been here a short time i feel as though i have learnt more about myself then i had in the past 5 years. I will continue writing on my blog about living here while i am still here, but i will also be writing about the immigration journey of my husband.

First a bit about my husband. Martin, like many immigrants, was brought into the United States at a young age, and was raised there. But due to his unlawful presence past 365 days after his 18th birthday, he has a 10 year bar from re-entry into the United States. He abided by the laws, and still does. That was the main reason for us leaving the US.

Sadly, i recently found out, i am going to be unable to file for him while in Mexico. It will benefit his immigration process if i am working in the US while awaiting his paperwork to go through. This honestly breaks my heart, and i pray i have the strength to do it. Once i took a trip with some family for 2 weeks, i thought i was going to go crazy not seeing him for so long. But i don't have much choice. And this is something i have to do for my family.

So before our 180 days is up here in March 2012, i will be making the trip back to the US with Maya. Where i will get a job and work to bring my family back together.

Tosha

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you guys the best Tosha <3 I'm not gonna lie, the long distance thing is hard. Ricardo and I did it for 1 year but it will be SO worth it in the end <3

    ReplyDelete