Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dear Mr. Onion


Dear Mr. Onion,

I would like to inform you of how much i hate you.

Tonight i had to use you for a dish, and even though i have had to cut you before, i still have no idea how to properly do it. As if that wasn't bad enough, you made me cry like a baby. Or like i do when i watch the happy and sad parts of disney movies'; because the pregnancy hormones from having my daughter forever changed my emotions and still haunt me today. To add to the embarassment of crying over you, litterally, i sliced the tip of my thumb.

Once it was all over, and i added you to the pot, it was to my horror that i needed more of you...

P.S
My dear limes, don't feel left out. I hate you too. After my run in with Mr. Onion, you were sure to add your own fun into the mix. So you squirted my eye with your juices.

I would like to add, that i will enjoy you more then usual tonight as i devour you both.



Love,

Tosha

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I'm 37 years old and have been slicing onions for as long as I can remember and they still make me cry. :P I've tried rinsing them with cold water before chopping them. I've tried biting on a piece of onion while chopping them. And I've even balanced a piece of onion on top of my head while chopping onions. All of this in hopes that I would stop crying, but none of those old wives' tales have helped. :P

    Hope your thumb heals fast. :)

    And I've added your blog to my Mexpat blogroll. (Thank you for sending in the link, so I could find you.) :)

    ReplyDelete