Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy (late) Halloween!

Just like the title says "Happy (late) Halloween". I majorly slacked this time, but if your still interested in hearing how my first halloween in Puerto Vallarta went; then here it goes!

31/10/2011

I was very excited for this day to come, so i started of early with dressing maya up in her costume. And even though i dressed her up early i was barely able to take 5, mostly blurry, pictures of her as she ran out the door. Maya was a pumkin witch, at least that's what im going with. Though you can look at the blurry picture below and decide for yourself.

I had even tried painting her face, everything was going well untill she smeared it all over the place. Note to self, don't do face paint on a toddler..it never lasts for more then 5 minutes... I did however face paint my brother-in-law's face. He is 10 years old and he wanted me to make him a pumpkin.


With maya dressed up and ready to go, our first trick-or-treat stop was the corner store. The owner there, Don Tonio, knows us well since we always go to him. He was sitting outside on his bench happily handing out candy to a group of kids who were dressed as all sorts of goblins, vampires and skeletons who would sing "Te quiero halloween" as they went. I found this funny, because it translates to "I want halloween".

As 8pm approached, my husband, Maya and I headed to la malecon with my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and nephew. The malecon was packed with people! Locals and tourists a like. In the middle of they had several vans, some with a person sitting on top of them throwing candy to the people below. You can imagine how crazy this got. All the candy crazy people, including us, would tail the vans trying to catch the candy as it fell. There was a lot of candy hitting heads, feet stepped on, and fighting over candy that landed on the floor. Even though it was some what dangerous, i think was very exciting and i can't wait for next years!

Happy (late) Halloween Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. How fun and yes a little dangerous, but have to say it was an interesting story and at least Maya was still able to experience Halloween here in MX.

    ReplyDelete